Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"I Was Hungry" Food Pantry

We have the extreme privilege of serving our community through the "I Was Hungry" Food Pantry, next Monday and Tuesday, November 15 (4-6 p.m.) and November 16 (11 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 4-6 p.m.). Many of you have already given generously by providing a food box or a monetary donation and for that we say "thank you" yet, there are other ways that men, women, boys, and girls, of all ages, can serve.

Please prayerfully consider how you would like to help us:

1. by being a greeter and extending a warm welcome to each person God sends our way;
2. by serving at registration;
3. by sharing the Gospel with those who do not know Jesus;
4. by discerning prayer needs and praying with the individual about that need;
5. by keeping the tables and floors clean and free of trash;
6. by carrying their box of groceries to the vehicle;
7. by follow-up contacts and visitation;
8. by committing to pray for each of them daily and seeking the Lord as to how He would have us to help them long term.

It will be a great time of fellowship as the Body serves together in unity and offers food for the moment and the Bread of Life for eternity!

"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'" (Matthew 25:34-36)

No comments:

Post a Comment